Utah has one of the top economies in the United States, but that success just doesn't happen overnight.
Val Hale, Executive Director of the Governor's Office of Economic Development (GOED), joins Managing Editor Bryan Schott to talk about the strategy of using tax incentives to bring, and keep, businesses in Utah.
- The state's population is growing at an astonishing rate. All of those people are going to need jobs. What is GOED's role in creating those jobs?
- How does the state use tax incentives to bring and grow business in Utah?
- How is Utah competing against other states who also are working to bring high-paying jobs to their communities?
- What are some of the obstacles to businesses moving to Utah? (Hint: think air quality)
- How is GOED planning to deal with an economic downturn.
If you like this podcast, leave us a rating and review on Apple Podcasts.
You can subscribe wherever you get your podcasts:
Also available on your favorite podcast app.